Sunday 24 May 2015

Dining on Strathspey Railway - 17th May 2015

 
As it was my better half's Birthday I could not make the PWay, however I still managed a trip to the Strathspey Railway and took her and a couple of friends to try out the new Dining Experience, in the form of Sunday Lunch on board the exclusive 1pm departure from Aviemore.

 
Pauses near "summit" of the line to admire the view

 
My Starter
 
My Main
 
 
and of course Dessert, followed by Tea or Coffee, which I didn't imbibe in but had a Malt instead, on top of the reasonably priced bottle of wine meant the rest of my photos a bit blurry!
 
 
So I returned today, to take some external shots of the experience, above approaching Broomhill with the River Spey in the background.
 

"Running Round" at Broomhill, just as well lamb is not on the menu!
 
 
And, for those that wish, a look on the footplate or just stretch the legs a short break at Broomhill.
 
 
Before the return journey to Aviemore, a leisurely satisfying way to spend a Sunday afternoon, with good food. (Railway Volunteers get discount too!)
 
more details can found here - http://www.strathspeyrailway.co.uk/dining/ booking is essential.
  

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment